Sunday, July 10, 2016

Summer Read-a-thon 2016: Day 7 and Wrap-Up

Hello readers and welcome to the finale of my Summer Read-a-thon 2016. I procrastinated writing this all day, so much so that it is now after midnight and officially the next day. It was a fun summer day and for once I actually wanted to get outside and enjoy it. Not to mention the fact that it did include some light used book shopping. Nothing like using this challenge to minimize your TBR, only to increase it within the same week. Such is the life of a reader.


I think it's about time to tackle what went on during Day 7. First, I continued to read Emma by Alexander McCall Smith, the modernization of Jane Austen's Emma


I mustered up enough determination to finish this book in a couple of hours, which started off my Day 7 total with 168 pages. Since apparently this was the week for genre hopping, I decided to pick up a completely different book. That book turned out to be the much lauded, All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr.


So far all I know about the book is that it centers on two characters: a blind French girl and an orphaned German boy during WW II. Everything I've read so far seems to be character building and plot set up. Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to finish this book before Day 7 was already over. That being said, I did manage to read 123 pages. That brings my overall Day 7 total up to 291 pages!

It's been a great week of reading and I guess now is the time to wrap it all up. 


During the past seven days, I read a total of 2,401 pages and finished seven books in the process! Now time to binge watch tv for a few hours before I start reading again, as per usual.