Friday, July 8, 2016

Summer Read-a-thon 2016: Day 6

We are almost at the home stretch dear readers and I have to say doing an update every day has made this week seem even longer than usual. Normally the days of summer just seem to fly by me. All I have to say is the weather is working in my favor because it's so hot outside that I have no urge to step outside for any longer than I have to. My pale skin turns me into an even bigger hermit than I usually am.


After the kind of heavy and long winded reading that I experienced the last couple of days with Stiletto, I wanted something a little bit lighter in tone. I didn't have any more ya contemporary books in my TBR that I was interested in, so I decided to pick up Emma by Alexander McCall Smith instead. 


Emma is the third book in The Austen Project series, where authors release modern retellings of Jane Austen's books. As you can probably guess from the title, this is McCall Smith's effort at a modernization of Emma. I tried going into the reading experience with no expectations, which is kind of hard considering an impressive modern retelling of Emma exists on YouTube. I'm, of course, talking about Emma Approved.

Before Day 5 ended, I managed to read 200 pages of this book, which is a fairly average day total if I do say so myself.

After adding that to my overall page count, that brings my challenge total up to 2,110 pages. I think it's time to do some more last minute reading to round out this read-a-thon. I hope you come back tomorrow for the last update of the Summer Read-a-thon 2016.