Thursday, July 7, 2016

Summer Read-a-thon 2016: Day 5

Finally my work week is over, dear readers, and before I inevitably collapse on the couch from exhaustion, I think I should probably recap what I read yesterday. It's currently the hottest it's ever been this summer and again I really really regret buying a black laptop. This might end up being the shortest recap of the read-a-thon because the laptop keys are burning hot and I'm sweating just sitting here. This is why I prefer winter.


Anyway, last night I was determined to make some solid progress in my reading challenge despite working the whole day. I resisted the urge to watch YouTube videos all night and finally finished Stiletto by Daniel O'Malley.


I won't say much here because I'm saving my thoughts for the July wrap-up post, but the plot really kind of fizzled out as I got closer to the end of the story. There was one shocking revelation, but it wasn't enough to redeem the whole book. Completing Stiletto started and ended my Day 5 total at 273 pages.

That addition brings my overall challenge total up to 1,910 pages! Now that this update is over, I think it's time to sit in front of the fan and read with a glass of ice water for the rest of the night. See you back here tomorrow!