Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Summer Read-a-thon 2016: Day 4

Another weekday come and gone dear readers. On one hand, I'm so incredibly excited that it's one day closer to the weekend. On the other hand, that means this read-a-thon is almost over. Yesterday was the first day that I had to attempt to read during a full work day and boy did that not go over so well.

I never really realized that you can't read much in a half hour lunch period. Not to mention resisting the urge to immediately veg out and fall asleep after work is so hard. That being said I did manage to do some reading yesterday, so how about I stop whining and talk about that.

I started out Day 4 still reading Stiletto by Daniel O'Malley.


For whatever reason, I'm finding that this book is harder to get into the story than the first book in the series. The plot isn't quite as action packed and the characters don't captivate my attention quite like the characters in The Rook. Before Day 4 ended I managed to read 141 pages, which turned about to be all I read yesterday.


Add that to all of the previous day totals and so far my overall challenge count is up to 1,637 pages. Now it's back to the grindstone again and hopefully I'll finish Stiletto tonight!!