Monday, May 2, 2016

May 2016 TBR

Another month has come and gone dear readers! Before we all know it, summer will be here. Last I knew we were in the dead of winter. Yesterday I did a little bit of light shopping and in addition to finding the perfect replacement tea mug, I also picked up a couple of books that I've been dying to read. I figure why not now?! Here is my TBR plan for May, which may be short on books, but is quite hefty on the page count.
  • The Rose and the Dagger (The Wrath and the Dawn #2) by Renee Ahdieh

Some of you may remember from my last wrap-up post that I declared The Wrath and the Dawn to be one of my first guilty pleasure reads of the year. When I found out that the book had a sequel, I couldn't help but plan to read it in the hopes that it will have the same guilty pleasure feel as the last. The story starts with Shahrzad separated from Khalid, but reunited with her family. Now she has to maintain her relationships with her family while navigating the consequences of loving a man that many people consider a murderer. 









  • One Rainy Day in May (The Familiar #1) by Mark Z. Danielewski
After reading Danielewski's much talked about book House of Leaves, for whatever reason I didn't think about looking into some of the other work that he's published. When I was wandering around Barnes and Noble yesterday, I happened to pass by Danielewski's section of the shelf and saw this. I decided to pick it up and to my surprise the story has the same unique format as his previous book. I decided to buy it right on the spot. I don't know much about it other than it focuses on multiple characters and possibly takes place on a single rainy day. 









  • Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales
 Now on to the classic pick of the month. After last month's disastrous pick, I decided it was time for a change of pace. While I was at Barnes and Noble, I saw this beautiful edition of Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales. I've never actually sat down and read all of them, so I figured why not now. I bought the book and I plan on reading all of the short stories. 













That's all of the books that I want to plan to read this month. I'm hoping that I'll be able to breeze past these books and add a couple more to the list. Maybe I'll even catch up to my yearly goal. Here's to that!