Sunday, March 6, 2016

March 2016 TBR

Nothing like the end of the month to get me back into a writing and reading mood. Since February was the month of buying new books, March is the month of ignoring all of the books that have been sitting in my TBR for months in favor of reading all of the new books I've acquired. I decided to include fewer books in this month's TBR because I plan on doing quite a bit of re-reading. I have a couple of blog posts that I want to write and in order to do that I have to dig into my vast book collection for some old favorites. Enough introductory babbling. Here are the books that I plan to read in March.
  • Remembrance by Meg Cabot

After my most recent book haul, you had to know that this book would be slated for the next TBR. Remembrance is Meg Cabot's recent return to her Mediator series, which Goodreads tells me was released 15 years ago. Now I feel old. 

Anyway, Suze is now recently engaged to Jesse de Silva and has her first job as a guidance counselor at her old school. Life is never easy for a mediator and now she has to deal with the onslaught of both old and new ghosts. I can't wait to see what hilarity this book has in store.
  • Born of Deception by Teri Brown (Born of Illusion #2)
A couple of months ago, I read the first book in this series, Born of Illusion, and I thought it was a pretty decent book. I figured why not continue on with the series, so here we are. The illusionist/ actual psychic, Anna Van Housen, has separated from her mother to follow her own dreams. Now she lives in Jazz Age London where she hopes to connect with people like her. It sounds like there might be some mystery involved in the plot and I'm hopeful that the second book will be even better than the first.










  • A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab (Shades of Magic #2)
Oh look, another recent release that I just have to read. A Gathering of Shadows is the newest adult release from Victoria Schwab and the sequel to A Darker Shade of Magic. I'm excited to see what happens with all of the different versions of London and how Kell and Lila find each other again. I don't really know too much about the plot of this book and I kind of want to keep it that way. For once I want to enter the reading experience with no expectations. I don't want the hype to ruin this book like it did the first one.









  • Gigi, Julie de Carneilhan, and Chance Acquaintances: Three Short Novels by Colette
Now on to the classic pick of the month. This book may seem way out of left field, but I've been waiting to read this for ages. Now I finally own a copy and I'm so excited. I think I've mentioned this a few times, but I'm a huge fan of classic movies. When somebody asks me the question, "What is your favorite movie?" I have to take a moment to decide whether I should pick a more modern one people are familiar with or something that I've obsessively watched on Turner Classic Movies in my spare time. This discussion has a point, I swear. One of my favorite movie musicals is Gigi staring Leslie Caron. It's the story of a french girl whose aunt is training her to become a courtesan to wealthy men. This kind of scandalous and depressing story is wrapped up with the beautiful musical stylings of Lerner and Loewe.

As soon as I learned that the movie is based off of a short story by Colette, I made up my mind to read it. I found this bind up with two of her other short novels and I plan to dabble in some French fiction this month.

Those are the books that I plan to read this month. I'd love to know if any of these books made it on to your TBR or if there is another book that you have your literary mind set on for this month. I think I've put off reviewing February's books for quite long enough, so keep a look out for that post very soon.