Saturday, March 5, 2016

February 2016 Book Haul

Hello readers! What a perfect way to spend the month of love and corporate holiday greed by buying new books!! It's been a while since I've had a proper book haul, so I'm excited to share these books with you. So many of these book choices will make sense to you if you've been following my most recent posts. Let's get on with this new book show and tell.


  • Lemony Snicket: The Unauthorized Autobiography by Lemony Snicket
The last Nostalgiareads post I did featured A Series of Unfortunate Events, one of my favorite childhood series. I covered the first four books of the series and I intend on re-reading the whole series. I decided while roaming the book section of amazon that I wanted to cover all of the series, including the side books. I remember reading The Unauthorized Autobiography when I was younger, but I don't remember what it was about. I'm excited to rediscover the book.

  • The Carnivorous Carnival by Lemony Snicket (Series of Unfortunate Events #9)
Speaking of A Series of Unfortunate Events, when I was pulling all of the books in the series out, I realized that I didn't actually own book number nine. I immediately ordered this online, since I was already halfway through book eight at the time. You'll be hearing about this in one of my next Nostalgiareads posts.

  • Stars Above (A Lunar Chronicles Collection) by Marissa Meyer
As soon as I finished Winter, the last book in The Lunar Chronicles series, I had a hard time coming to terms with the fact that one of my favorite series was over. Then I found out that Marissa Meyer was releasing a short story collection that fills in the gaps in the series. I knew I had to own this book.

  • Remembrance by Meg Cabot
I think last month I was fangirling all over this blog about the fact that Meg Cabot decided to release a novella and full length novel continuing her Mediator series. I've read the novella and now I need the full length novel in my life. I can't wait to continue the story of ghost turned real life man, Jesse, and mediator/sarcasm expert, Suze,

  • Lola and the Boor Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
Every once in a while I need a good ya contemporary book to get myself out of a reading slump or as a brain cleanser and this book is one of my favorites. I've read this two times, but for some reason I never owned a copy. Now when I want to read the story of Lola and cute boy next door, Cricket, I can reach for my own copy.

  • The Complete Sherlock Holmes: Volume 1 by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Time for a book lover confession: I always feel guilty that I call myself a murder mystery lover and I haven't read any of Sherlock Holmes. That changes soon. I decided to pick up this cheap omnibus from Barnes and Noble to give the stories a try.

  • The Beatrice Letters by Lemony Snicket
Yep, this is a Lemony Snicket heavy book haul. I wanted to round out my re-read of A Series of Unfortunate Events by reading the series add-on that I never got the chance to read when I was in middle school. Not to mention I've always been interested about how the Beatrice from the book dedications factor into the story.

With that, those are all of the books that I bought in February. Now I think it's about time I wrapped up February, don't you think?