Sunday, February 7, 2016

February 2016 TBR

Hello readers!! Sorry for the radio silence. Moving again really takes a lot out of you. Not to mention I didn't get a whole lot of time to read either. I'm hoping that February brings me all of the free time that I have been looking for. With that being said, I think it's time to look forward to the month and share with you all of the books that I'm hoping to read.

  • The Flight of Gemma Hardy by Margot Livesey

This book has been on my TBR list on Goodreads for the longest time and for whatever reason I never got around to buying it. One day I stopped into Barnes and Noble and picked it up. Normally, I would go into a quick summary of the book, but this is actually a retelling of Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I don't know what sort of angle this retelling will take, but I'm excited to read it.













  • Ginger: My Story by Ginger Rogers

This month is the month that I want to get back into a bit of nonfiction and I figured Ginger Rogers' autobiography would do the trick. Ginger Rogers is one of my favorite actresses and I want to know more about her actual life. Maybe reading about her will inspire me to binge watch some of my favorite movies with her in them.













  • Library of Souls (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children #3) by Ransom Riggs

I've had this book sitting in my TBR pile for ages and I don't know why I haven't read it. This is the final book in the Miss Peregrine's series and Jacob is tasked with trying to save all of his peculiar friends. As always this book is unique because it features weird black and white photographs that correspond to the story. I can't wait to find out how Riggs wraps-up this series.













  • The Epic of Gilgamesh

That's right! The classic pick of the month is back and I'm excited to get all of these classic books of mine read. For some reason it seems like everybody reads Gilgamesh in either high school or your first year of college. I did neither and I feel like I missed an important part of literary history because of it. I have this awesome Norton Critical Edition that was given to me by one of my professors and it's time to get to reading.












Even though this is quite the modest list, I'm looking forward to reading all of these books...maybe even more. I know the suspense must be killing you about January, so stick around and I'll have my January Wrap-Up posted soon. This woman has to find spots to put all of her books in the meantime!