Friday, January 8, 2016

January 2016 TBR

Hello readers! I don't think I said this in the last post, but Happy New Year! You know what that means? New year, new books, and a new reading challenge. I'm hoping to start off the year by reading a ton of great books regardless of the fact that I've managed to catch the stupid cold going around. All I want to do is live in my bed, but sadly I have to be an adult.

That being said I'm in the process of finishing my December Wrap-Up post, which shall be released shortly. In the meantime I figured why not share the books I'll be reading in January, considering the first week in January is almost over. The majority of these books will be familiar because I've featured them in Christmas-y related posts and now I have the urge to read them all. Anyway, here are the books that I want to read in January.
  • Mirrored by Alex Flinn

I think this will now be the third time you've heard about Mirrored on this blog, but I have to mention it again because I've decided to read it this month. In fact, I've already started reading it. This book is basically a modern retelling of Snow White, but what makes this version unique is that you actually get some backstory on Snow White's stepmother. For those that have read any of Alex Flinn's other fairytale retellings, this book also features Kendra, the witch character from Beastly and Bewitching.









  • Winter by Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles # 4)

I have been anticipating this book for soooo long and I'm glad that I finally own it! Winter is the fourth book in The Lunar Chronicles series, which is a science fiction/fantasy fairytale retelling. For the few people that don't know about this series, it's set in a dystopian universe where the people who live on Earth are dying from a plague. Not to mention they face the looming threat of destruction at the hands of Queen Levana. Each book in the series focuses on a different character loosely based on a fairytale character. All I can say is that I'm excited to see how Marissa Meyer wraps up this series.








  • Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner

Their Fractured Light is the third novel in the Starbound companion series. Near the end of 2015, I read the first two books in the series and found them to be average, enjoyable reads. Since I didn't mind reading them, I decided to finish out the whole series. This is another science fiction/ dystopian ya series that is centered around the corruption of the corporation, LaRoux Industries, and the problems it's caused in the galaxy. Each book features two new characters, who are a part of the main romance of this story, while the characters from the previous books do make appearances as secondary characters.








  • Soundless by Richelle Mead

I have been a fan of Richelle Mead since I was in middle school and now that her Vampire Academy series is finished as well as the  subsequent spin off series, I decided to explore some of the other books she has written. Soundless is her most recent release and it's a fantasy novel that takes place in a village where everybody is deaf and they survive solely because of the shipments they receive from an unknown place. Lives are in danger once the villagers start going blind as well. Their only hope is Fei, who starts to hear again one day. There have been a lot of mixed reviews for this book, but I'm hoping it will be an enjoyable read.









Normally this is where I would put the classic pick of the month, but I've decided to take a break from classic novels this month. I just haven't had the motivation to read them as of late and I figured why not give myself some time away from that genre and then I'll look forward to reading a new classic novel next month.

Now with that, those are all of the books I plan to read this January. This month seems to be the month for reading new releases and I honestly can't wait to get some time to myself to start devouring these books. I might even do some reading right after this post goes live. Until my next post, happy reading!