Monday, November 2, 2015

November 2015 TBR

Hello readers! Spooky season is over and now it's time for another crop of books to read during November. I'm looking forward to a month of chilly days and weekends spent on the couch, covered up with a blanket, and reading. This TBR is a little bit ambitious, but I'm ready to start reading. Not to mention I'll have Thanksgiving and the day after off from work, so that gives me a little extra reading time. Here are all of the books that I'm looking forward to reading during November.
  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Illustrated Edition) by J.K. Rowling

Even though I recently re-read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone during my #livetweetHP event, I can't resist another read now that I have this book. For those that missed my latest book haul, this is the brand new, fully illustrated version of the first Harry Potter book, which is the start of a yearly release schedule of the illustrated series. Despite the fact that I have books that have been sitting in my TBR pile for ages, I just need to read this during November. I can't wait to see all of the glossy, full color illustrations.








  • Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

Carry On for me was one of those surprise books that I didn't know existed until it was released and of course I had to read it because it's Rainbow Rowell. I'm just not sure how I stand on the publication of it. Carry On is the story of Simon Snow, the requisite chosen one character in a story about a magical school. What makes this story so weird is that it is the book that the main character, Cath, talks about and writes fanfiction about in Rainbow Rowell's book, Fangirl. I always got the sense while I was reading Fangirl that Carry On was a riff off of the Harry Potter series, so by actually publishing this, does that mean Carry On is a published Harry Potter fan fiction? Also is this the original Carry On from Fangirl or is it the fanfiction story that Cath creates? I'm kind of confused as you can tell, but I'm looking forward to reading it either way.




  • Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray

This month I'm really in the mood for a ya supernatural book and Lair of Dreams is the perfect book for that. I think anything Libba Bray writes is gold and I'm excited to see what other supernatural adventures Evie O'Neill is going to get into now that she has been outed as a diviner. I also love that this book is set in the 1920s. It's a bit heftier page count wise, but I'm sure I'll fly through it.











  • Night Film by Marisha Pessl

This book has been on my TBR list for quite a long time and I've never been in the mood to read it until now. When I was reading S by Doug Dorst and JJ Abrams as well as House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski, I was looking for a book with the same type of inventive formatting and Night Film kept popping up as a recommendation. This book is about an investigative journalist that looks into the death of a horror film director's daughter. What makes this book interesting, as far as I know, is that there are pictures and news articles scattered in the text.









  • Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
Now it's time for the classic pick of the month!! Even though I read a Jane Austen book a couple of months ago, I've been itching to read Mansfield Park because it's the last Austen book left that I haven't read. You really can't call yourself an Austen fan if you neglect to read all of her books. The protagonist in this novel is Fanny Price, who is living with her rich cousins in Mansfield Park. I'm assuming everything changes when Mary Crawford and her brother arrive in the area. After the mediocre experience I had with my last classic pick, I'm hoping Jane Austen will come through for me.









Those are all of the books I want to read this month. Are there any books here that you want to read? Are there any that you'd recommend? Until the next post, enjoy the beginning of November!