Tuesday, November 17, 2015

New Blog Series: Nostalgiareads

Hello readers! I bet this is a bit of a surprise. Normally around this time, unbeknownst to you, I start to work on the mini reviews for my wrap-up post at the end of the month. Today that little bit of constancy changes.

For a while now I've had the urge to start another blog series to keep things fresh around here and to create content you'll want to come back to read. Part of being a book lover and an avid reader is the struggle between wanting to read new books and taking the time to reread old favorites. Since I always have such limited free time, I've always read new books in the hopes of discovering new favorites. Well I've decided to make time for my old favorites. Much like watching favorite movies from your childhood for a dose of happiness and the nostalgia factor, I'll be revisiting some of my favorite childhood/early adolescent books... Hence the name, Nostalgiareads.

Of course some say that revisiting something you once loved will completely ruin it, but I'm going to take that chance. During these posts, I'll be giving a quick synopsis of the book and what makes it a nostalgic read for me. Then I'll discuss whether or not that nostalgia holds up in light of my older, slightly more bitter worldview.

I've already started reading some of the books that I have strong nostalgic feelings towards and I've compiled a list of the rest that I'd like to read. What that means for you is that the first Nostalgiareads post will be released on this blog very soon!