Saturday, October 3, 2015

October 2015 TBR

Hello readers and welcome back to another monthly TBR post. Now that it's October, you know what that means? I can officially celebrate the arrival of fall, my favorite season to be be honest. My poor pale skin now has a chance to heal after numerous sunburns and I can start breaking out all of my fabulous sweaters!! So grab your pumpkin spice everything, cover up with a fluffy blanket and get ready to hear about all of the fabulous books I hope to read this month.
  • The Invasion of the Tearling by Erika Johansen

After I finished The Queen of the Tearling in September, I immediately started The Invasion of he Tearling, but I made the decision to put it down in favor of finishing Sense and Sensibility last month. Now I'm ready to start this October with what could potentially be a fabulous sequel. As the title suggests, this book deals with the fall out from Kelsea's decision to break the terms of the treaty with Mortmesne. Now the threat of an invasion by the Red Queen is immanent and Kelsea has to prepare her kingdom. The synopsis also kind of suggests that this book will help explain the history of the tearling more and will finally give readers some world building, which I'm really looking forward to. Fingers crossed that this turns out to be one of the better books I'll read this October.





  • Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
You had to know this was coming right? How could I possibly not read the recently released sequel to a series that I rave about on here. Despite the fact that this was released near the end of September, I feel like I'm the last one to read it and avoiding spoilers has been SO hard. Since I'm hoping nobody will spoil me, I'll return the favor and not spoil this series for anyone that hasn't read it yet. That being said, if you haven't read the Throne of Glass series yet, what are you doing with your life? Get on that right now.










  • The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness

Every once in a while you come across a book whose premise is so intriguing and goes against the grain of everything being published in its genre right now that you just have to read it. The Rest of Us Just Live Here is one of those books. The minute I heard about it, I knew I had to read it. Curious? Here is the first line of the synopsis: "What if you aren’t the Chosen One?" Basically, this book tells the story of someone who has to live his everyday life knowing he isn't the chosen one to save the world. Since the majority of ya protagonists are the chosen ones, it's nice to see a story crafted around one of the side characters, the one that doesn't usually have their story told.







  • Dracula by Bram Stoker
 We've come to the end of my TBR post and that means it's time for my classic pick of the month. I took a look at the giant stockpile of classic books I have in my TBR pile and figured it was only appropriate that I pick something spooky and gothic to celebrate October and of course Halloween. I've read so many books about vampires and it never seemed right that I hadn't picked up Dracula yet. There is nothing like celebrating the spirit of the season with a corresponding book.











While this TBR list is a little bit ambitious page count wise, I'm hoping I'll have enough time to read all of these books and more. Now I'm off to fill my coffee cup with more pumpkin coffee and decide whether it's too early in the month to start watching all of my favorite Halloween movies.