Friday, May 1, 2015

May 2015 TBR

Now that it's a new month, time for a new batch of books to look forward to reading. May will unfortunately probably be one of the busiest months of the year, considering that it is the last month of my senior year in college...but I don't want to dwell on that for too long. I prefer denial. As a result, I've only put three books on my TBR list, but they are three books I've been wanting to read for awhile.
  • The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton 
   
I initially found out about The Miniaturist watching some of my favorite booktubers. I don't know much about the story except that it involves a newly married woman, who has been given a miniature replica of her house. I'm hoping this lives up to all of the online hype.














  • The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
                                                             
The Kiss of Deception is another book I've had my eye on for a long time, but never got a hold of it until now. While I'm a little wary of starting a new series, this one sounds like it could be potentially interesting. Again I don't know much other than it's about a princess that escapes a marriage meant to solidify a political alliance. 













  • Letters from Skye by Jessica Brockmole

I have another reading habit confession to make. I can't resist a story told through letters, emails, even text messages. Again it all comes down to enjoying books with alternative formats. Letters from Skye is told (at least as far as I know) through the exchanged letters between a Scottish author and an American college student who's just read her poetry. I'm just hoping this isn't an annoying, overly saccharine love story.












Those are the three books I'd like to read during the month of May. Don't forget to let me know in the comments if any of these books made it onto your TBR shelf or if you've already read them. May the odds be ever in my favor during this month.