Friday, May 29, 2015

June 2015 TBR

Hello everyone! Summer is basically upon us at this moment. Some of you get a blissful few months off from school and others like myself get to work full time.

That being said I'm so excited to be able to finally read what I want to read. No more school reading and no more essays!! As much as I'd love to bust out and marathon read, I'm not quite sure how much actually free time I'll have this month, so I want to be a little more conservative with my TBR this month. With that said, I think it's time to share what books I'm hoping to read during June.
  • The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton

This is the one book from my May TBR list that I never got the chance to read and I'm determined to finish it this month regardless of my schedule.

















  • Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander #2) by Diana Gabaldon

Dragonfly in Amber is the sequel to Outlander, the book that I read and mentioned in my May 2015 wrap-up post. I actually started this book sometime in May because I was immediately interested to learn what happens next in the series. Sadly, this book hasn't hooked me quite like the first one did. Despite that, I'm completely planning on finishing it this month. The television series based on the first book has been green-lighted for a second series and I want to read the book it's based off of before watching it.












  • Cary Grant: A Biography by Marc Eliot

I  have a confession to make. I don't really read nonfiction books. I'm always a huge fan of the escapism that fiction books provide, so I never really get around to reading books based on actual events and the lives of real people. In the past two or three years, that has changed just a little. Now I like to actively seek out nonfiction books on subjects that I enjoy as a means to diversify my reading experience. As a result I've really been getting into reading the biographies and autobiographies of popular figures whose work I like. Cary Grant is one of those people. Some of you might not know this, but I'm a huge fan of classic movies. I'd rather spend a night watching Turner Classic Movies instead of going to the movies and seeing the recent blockbuster. Over the course of the years I've picked out my favorite actors and Cary Grant is one of them. About three or four years ago I read the short autobiography that he wrote for a magazine, but I always wanted to know a bit more about his life. After looking online for a biography, this is the first one that popped up. There are a ton of mixed reviews on this book, so I'm taking everything the author writes with a grain of salt so to speak.


Now I really shouldn't add any more books to this list, but I want to be ambitious this month. Also I've been waiting for a couple of months to get my hands on this book and I really can't wait to read it. What book is it you ask?


  • A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas


You had to know this was going to be on a TBR list soon right? I'm a huge fan of Maas' Throne of Glass series, so I just had to seen what her newest book would be like. Apparently it's a blending of beauty and the beast with faeries lore, so I'm excited and apprehensive all at once.















Those are all of the books I hope to read during the month of June. As always feel free to share what books you'd like to read during the month and whether any of these have made it to your own TBR list. Have a fabulous weekend!