Saturday, April 4, 2015

April 2015 TBR

As everyone that has ever been a college student has said at one point: "I should be doing homework right now."
"Oh Well." Truer words have never been spoken

 
In an effort to productively procrastinate, I think it's time to look forward to the hypothetical free-time I'm going to have and choose some of the books I'd like to read. I'm optimistic-ish. Since March was a terrible reading month, some of these books will be repeats from last month's post.



  • Sanctum by Madeleine Roux and A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab


  • These are the two books I really wanted to read so badly last month and the ones I'm determined to finish in April. My weirdly placed spring break is almost here and I'm confident I can squeeze some reading time in after my internship hours. Random piece of advice: If you love having an abundance of free-time, don't go to a small liberal arts college. No matter how much you try, you always get sucked into so many clubs and activities. Now back to books.

    • The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas
                                                                        
    This really isn't a surprise is it? The Assassin's Blade is a bind-up of all the Throne of Glass series novellas, which I wanted to read the moment I finished Heir of Fire. The problem is I know that after I finish this, I'll have to wait months for the next book. I'm always happy when publishing companies actually release physical copies of the novellas all together. Otherwise I probably wouldn't even read them, which is kind of a sad thought.
    • Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross             
                                                                   
    To be honest, the only reason I was interested in this book at all was the fact that the book blurb reminded me so much of the tv show, Once Upon A Time, which I'm ridiculously addicted to. Basically it centers around a girl named Mira, who returns to her birthplace and encounters fairytales come to life. Like so many other people, I grew up watching Disney movies and despite the regressive gender stereotypes, which are slowly getting better, I can't let go of my love for them. 











    As much as I'd like to include more, this seems like a realistic goal. What books are you reading during April and do any of these sound interesting to you? For those operating on a normal academic schedule, I hope you enjoy the rest of your spring break. Best Wishes!