Sunday, March 1, 2015

March 2015 TBR

Welcome back readers!! That month went by super quick, am I right? Seriously just yesterday was New Years and now it's March ahhhhh!!! Ok, time to put my anxiety about college aside to talk about some awesome books that I want to read during the month of March. This is a first for me, since I've never really planned out in advance what I want to read or how much, particularly since college sucks up so much of my time. Despite that, I'm pretty excited to start this blog series and maybe committing to a number of books will force me to do some reading while I'm procrastinating, instead of watching random YouTube videos.

I emotionally connect with this Spongebob episode on a whole other level
Here are the list of books I hope to read during this month:


  • Hourglass by Myra McEntire
 
Technically, I started this book in February, but I'm hoping to finish this book sometime this month. The only problem is I'm having such a hard time getting into the story. Hourglass reads like one of those books I would have loved when I was just staring high school, which is not that great. The book focuses on Emerson, a girl who can see dead people, an interesting premise, but of course it's kind of ruined by the typical YA insta-love. I mean the girl can see ghosts and all I'm reading about so far is how Michael is sooooo dreamy! I'm not quite halfway into the book, so maybe it'll pick up. If not, this will have to go to the unfinished series graveyard. 









  • Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas

You had to know Heir of Fire was going to be on this list. I didn't have this book the minute I finished Crown of Midnight, which was such a disappointment. Now I have a copy and I'm seriously dying to read it. As in I might put Hourglass aside for another time. I just know that after I finish this I'll have to wait around for the sequel, so maybe I'll hold myself back from immediately reading it.












  • Sanctum by Madeleine Roux

Okay. So I know my reaction to the first book, Asylum, was lukewarm at best, but I couldn't give up the series until I knew for sure that I didn't like it. Maybe I'm just using these books to fill the void in my life left by the Miss Peregrine books, who knows. The synopsis sounds a bit like the first book, just altered a little to involve a carnival somehow? That question mark is me questioning my choice right now. Oh well, I guess I'll find out this month.












  • A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab

It's only been a few months since I discovered the books of Victoria/V.E. Schwab and every one that I've read has been great. Although I didn't love Vicious as much as other people did, it didn't prevent me from wanting to read this newest book from her. A Darker Shade of Magic involves parallel worlds and magic, which is already a premise I'm ready to read more about. Now the biggest choice I'm going to have to make is whether or not to read this before Heir of Fire or not.











There are a couple of other new books I've gotten that I'd love to add to this list, but for now these are the only books I want to commit to reading during the month of March. Better to be conservative during a month where I have no breaks from college. Are some of these books on your TBR? I'd love to hear what you plan to read during this month. Best Wishes!!