Saturday, March 7, 2015

Book Unhaul #2

Hello again readers! For those new to my blog, you're probably wondering why this post is labeled as the second book unhauling when there isn't a first book unhauling post labeled, Well last summer I finally came to the realization that I was a book hoarder. I kept any and every book that I bought or somebody gave to me regardless of whether I liked them or not. As someone who prides herself on her book collection, it didn't make sense to keep all of those books, so I made the decision to donate a huge canvas bag full of them.

Today, I came back home from college and just had the urge to get rid of some more books, like early spring cleaning or something. After riffling through my book collection and rediscovering some of my favorite books, I also found plenty of books that I just didn't want to own anymore. So like last time these books will be donated and maybe they'll make their way to a person that might actually enjoy them. Unlike my last unhaul post, I've decided to share what books I'm donating.


The first four you might recognize from my TBR shelf or at least until I remove them from the list after this post goes up. I figured it was time to take an honest look at the books I haven't read yet and pick out the ones I probably will never get around to reading even if I had the free time. The first two books, The Queen of  the Damned and The Vampire Lestat, I bought during my Anne Rice book buying spree after I read Interview with a Vampire. To be honest I wasn't totally in love with that book when I finished it and I just haven't had the ambition to continue the series.

I also bought the next two books on a whim. Mr. Darcy's Daughter and The Exploits & Adventures of Miss Alethea Darcy are, as you can tell by the titles, continuations of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. Again I just haven't had a single urge to read these books after I got them at a used bookstore.

The rest of the books are ones that I've already read and have no interest in keeping anymore. Perfect Strangers, The Other Ones, and Once Upon a Curse are all books that I read sometime during middle and high school, but for the life of me I can't seem to remember what they were about. I figure if they didn't leave much of an impression, it's time to get rid of them.

The next three books I've been rather vocal about here on my blog and by vocal I mean long rants about how they were terrible. Why keep books around that you don't like?

Turning Tables is another book that I have no recollection of and Bathing the Lion and Heart of the Matter are also books that I didn't really enjoy reading.

As much as I love books, there really is something fantastic about donating items you no longer want. If you're a book hoarder like me, you should definitely consider doing an unhauling of your own. It will make you feel less guilty about buying new books, which is always a plus.