Sunday, August 24, 2014

Summer Read-a-thon 2014 Part 2: Day 3


Oh summer reading why do you take so long to read? I could have been finished with so many awesome books by now....As you can see this whole getting my summer reading quickly out of the way isn't really happening all that well. So anyway, welcome to my Day 3 update of the Summer Read-a-thon 2014 Part 2 where I endeavor to read a ton of pages, but get mired in middle english text. 

Yesterday, I left off still in the middle of the Stanzaic Morte Arthur and thankfully I managed to finish it today. For a brief moment after I finished it, I seriously considered just grabbing any other book but King Arthur's Death. I did resist that temptation and started reading the Alliterative Morte Arthure. Between the last of the Stanzaic and the beginning of the Alliterative, I managed to read an even 100 pages before I gave up to watch some delightfully mind numbing tv. With the pages I read today, my overall page count for the challenge increases to 239!! This would usually be the point where I regret putting off all of my reading until now, but that's not going to happen because I read some really awesome books during the time I procrastinated. I just need to soldier on and hope that the next book will be a little quicker to get through. Well, I don't really have much more to say other than I hope that you're reading something just a touch more exciting than I am. Oh and of course, Best Wishes!!