Saturday, August 23, 2014

Summer Read-a-thon 2014 Part 2: Day 2

Day 2 is already over!! What! Oh the horror!! I figured the intro could use a little unnecessary hyperbole today. Anyway welcome readers to my update on Day 2 of my second summer reading challenge. As many of you already know I made the choice to finally read my summer assignments. Last night I started the Stanzaic Morte Arthur, but I really didn't get very far into it. I was fairly optimistic about my reading ability today, which is a pretty dangerous thought for a pessimist at heart.

Now onto what I managed to read today.While I was rather busy today dealing with some last minute moving stuff,  I continued to read the Stanzaic and managed to get through 43 pages. Before Day 2 ended I decided I needed a break from my academic reading and in a weird turn of events I read a little bit of Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.


Yep, in the process of rearranging my book boxes I came across Jane Eyre and I just couldn't help but grab it. Lately, I've had the hugest urge to reread my favorite book, which really isn't a surprise. I've been so busy reviewing the film adaptions of the book that my actual memory of the story competes with everything I've watched about it. I don't know if I'll get around to completely rereading the book, but I did read 42 pages. I ended right after Young Jane says her most feisty line to Mr. Brocklehurst. 

After adding those pages together my page total for today is 85 pages. My overall page total for the challenge for those interested stands at 139 pages. Boy do I have to step up my game if I want to make it to my page goal. Luckily, tomorrow should be a quiet day at home and I can finally get some real reading accomplished. Until then, Best Wishes!!