Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas Book Haul 2013

Well hello again readers! I hope your holidays were fantastic and that you received everything you wanted while enjoying the company of family and friends. I know I did.

For book lovers like myself the best day of the year is the day after Christmas where I head to the nearest bookstore with gift cards in hand and prepare to make some of the hardest decisions of the month. I have to carefully calculate how many books I can get with my money and which books I really can't wait any longer to read. I think I'm pretty happy with the choices that I made this year and I may even do full length reviews for many of them. Since I stupidly managed to forget my camera before heading home for my holiday break I'll just have to use generic pictures of the covers.


Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella: There is just something incredibly entertaining about Kinsella's writing that keeps me buying every new book she releases. Her novels have such a nice blend of romance and humor that it makes for great afternoon reads. I hope this latest book doesn't let down all of my expectations.


The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead: Honestly, Richelle Mead can do no wrong in my book. I consider her to be one of the best YA fiction writers who wrote the amazing Vampire Academy Series (Whose movie adaption looks like a sad rip off of mean girls and Twilight that I'm not sure I'm looking forward to) and the amazing spin-off series this book is in. I really can't wait to read more about Sydney and Adrian!!!!! I have no doubt that I will enjoy this read. 


Scarlet by Marissa Meyer: I thought the first book in The Lunar Chronicles, Cinder. was an awesome mash-up of the dystopian genre and characters from fairy tales that I just had to read the sequel. I'm excited to see what Meyer does with the red riding hood character.


Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore: I have to admit I was a little annoyed to find out that this book actually exists. I read the first two books  Graceling and Fire in early on in high school and I loved both of them. I didn't expect for there to be another book in the series released so long after the first two. Now I really can't remember what happened in the books before this one. Sadly, since I don't own either of them, I'll probably have to look up summaries online. Despite this complaint I still have hope that Bitterblue will turn out to be a great novel.


The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (JK Rowling): I have to admit that the only reason I'm considering reading this book is because Rowling wrote it. I really want to see if she can write a great mystery novel. I was a bit unimpressed by The Casual Vacancy, but I'm saving all of my judgments for this book until after I finish it.


The Angel's Game and The Prisoner of Heaven by Carlos Ruiz Zafon: As promised in my earlier review of The Shadow of the Wind I looked into the sequels and bought the both of them. I'm looking forward to finding out if these sequels are as good as the first book and if Zafon maintained his amazing style of writing.

With those last two books that completes my Christmas book haul. Don't forget to keep a lookout for future reviews of these books and as always Best Wishes:)