Saturday, August 24, 2013

Used Book Haul #3

Surprise! I got in one last book shopping trip before heading back to college and I found a whole bunch of amazing books...which means that I won't be able to do a Murder Mystery Monday post.

 As a side note if you have been following my Goodreads, you've probably noticed I haven't been doing much reading as of late and that would be due to my video game addiction kicking in. I morphed into my weird teenage boy persona when I got my hands on a copy of Saints Row 4. For 3 days straight I basically played that game. I was determined to beat it before going to college on Monday and I did. Now I've come back to reality and the mound of packing I still have left to do.

For all those wondering, yes you should pick up a copy of Saints Row 4. It was SO AMAZING!!! The fourth installment of the franchise completely redeemed itself and helped ease the pain of the poor quality of Saints Row 3.

Back to the book haul. Here is what I picked up a couple of days ago.



Agatha Christie Omnibus: I came across this and immediately snapped it up because I haven't read A Pocket Full of Rye nor do I own a copy. The rest of the stories included I've previously read and own. The thing about my Agatha Christie love is that I refuse to pay full price for her books. They have gone through so many reprints that I can always find at least one copy of anything she has written in every used book store.

The Book Thief by Markus Zuzak: When I read this book for the first time I completely and utterly fell in love with it. The story was so inventive and captivating and I couldn't put it down. Sadly, that was a library copy and I've always wanted to own the book since then. I never got around to buying it at a bookstore and when I saw this used copy I snatched it up. I'm planning on rereading this book sometime soon because I want to relive the awesomeness. A movie adaption of this book is already in the works and I'm crossing my fingers that they don't ruin it. A teaser trailer is already out, but it's so disappointingly vague that I refuse to make any judgments on the movie just yet. If you haven't read this book you need to drop whatever you're doing and read it.

Sweep by Cate Tiernan: I'm always happy when publishers decide to make an omnibus of a series because they are cheaper than actually buying every single book. The blurb of this series sounded interesting, so I grabbed this copy. Hopefully it will turn out to be a great series.

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafron: The spine of this book actually caught my eye when I saw it (further proof that cover and spine art are incredibly important). I read the blurb and immediately wanted to start reading it...so it did. I'm about 150 or so pages in and this might actually be the book that I do my first real review of.

 The Alchemist's Daughter by Katharine McMahon: Not a whole lot to say about this book. The blurb sounded interesting and I bought it.

Daphne Du Maurier Omnibus: For years now I have been wanting to read Rebecca and I was completely willing to pay full bookstore price, but the Barnes and Noble near my house never carried a copy. I can't wait to see how good it is with the added bonus of being able to read more of Du Maurier's writing when I'm done.

Divergent by Veronica Roth: I've heard nothing but great things about this book and I'm a bit ashamed that I haven't read it sooner. My friends have been raving about the series and I can't wait to see what all the hype is about. On the bright side I can immediately pick up the sequel if this turns out to be great.

Killing Mr. Griffin by Lois Duncan: I've always been a fan of Duncan's work since middle school and that love is still strong well into college. This is a title I haven't read yet and I just know it will make for a nice afternoon read.

Well that's it for my haul. I hope some of these titles intrigued you like they did me. I'm off to update my TBR pile. Best Wishes!